Sunday club 500 racing, 18/2/18.

Sunny morning slight breeze blowing into the bank. Terry and Paul having set out the course with thanks the 1st race took place before the official scorer Ed arrived.
Sorry for the lack of comments this week as I tried to keep my boat out of trouble for a change and it paid off but I cant recall who broke down, crashed rolled or whatever. In BAFTA style the nominees were
Terry, Paul, Phil, Piers, Vaughan and me. The results were
Race 1 Terry, me, Paul, Phil, Vaughan & Piers. Terry looking more competitive this season and Piers less so.
Race 2 Piers bounced back, me, Phil, Terry, Paul, Vaughan not starting as a burned out speedo stopped play.
Race 3 Piers again, Terry, me, Phil and Paul
Race 4 me, Piers Paul, Terry and Phil.
There were the usual bad luck stories of boats being rolled over etc. Paul used his new Jaffa coloured boat but suffered bad luck, Piers complaining of bad luck being rolled over, Phil having bad luck mainly turning his boat over by himself, Vaughan having bad luck with speedo and Terry also complained of bad luck too. I was lucky I stayed afloat out of trouble and won a race. To be fair there was some keen racing between Piers and Terry and occasionally Phil and me.
Definite Tortoise and hare week! We all enjoyed it as the good fun it is. Thanks to Ed for scoring &  Paul for clearing up.
Good to see also at  the pool  Don with his fast electric cat, Tony with his Tug and new recruit Glyn with a short 1st time run with his 1st  boat.

Comments