Club invite to event.

ADMIN. please delete if not suitable.Thanks.
I have been asked to put on a Model Lifeboat Display for the 150th anniversary of the Angle Pembrokshire Wales,Station, 11th and 12th AUGUST 2018
this will be in a marquee close to the water so you can chose to display on or off the water or both.Please note if sailing your models it will be in SALT water.I know some do not like using their models in the sea
I am inviting Model Lifeboat owners from all over the country,together with other types of models and quite a few have expressed their interest already.
There will be camping nearby, for tents motorhomes and caravans,and there is also a pub nearby and another in the village as well as a cafe for your food or possibly accomodation if wanted. I cannot guarantee a hook up,but obviously we will have an electricity supply in the Marquee.If you prefer,there is a camping site in the village about 10 minutes away.
If you google the OLD POINT INN at Angle,you will be able to drive along the road from the inn to the village with computer imagery.I will say the road to the inn is a little bumpy,but I have been assured the main pot holes will be filled before the event.The pub actually gets cut off on a high spring tide,but never fear the date picked is on a neap tide.
I will be advertising it on various model boat websites and magazine. I would certainly like you to come if you can manage it.Set up day is the 10th,and I am sure if you wanted to come a day or so earlier we can arrange it for you.
There will be at least three Historic Lifeboats attending,hopefully more,which will include the ex Angle Watson Lifeboat.
Also taking place will be the Angle Regatta Week,and there is a beer and Cider festival.Nearby is a castle to explore,and a Sunderland Sea plane museum,amongst other things.
Hoping to make it the biggest model Lifeboat Show in Wales for the year!
I enclose a photo of the area which I am told is very beautiful.
Please give me a ring on 01209 820844,or Private message me to let me know your thoughts.
Look forward to hearing from you
Mick French
If any CMBC member is interested in attending, please feel free to speak to CMBC secretary too.

Comments